Thursday 28 January 2010

Bad Form

Form is a state of an uncluttered mind where a player knows exactly where the next run or the next goal is coming from. Players in their respective playing career will go through bad form no matter how good they are. Bad form is a part of the game no player wants but it is a certainty that he/she will suffer from it some time during their playing career. Bad form can ruin a player's career if they don't know how to handle it as there are various ways of dealing with bad form. One way being to practise as much as possible whereas the second way is to take a break and get away from the game so your mind can be refreshed. Researchers have said that 'form is all in the mind' which means that sport is played more in the mind than players and coaches recognise it to be.
Bob Woolmer's art and science of cricket had a really good quote which I would like to share and elaborate on which is that sport is played 90% in the mind and 10% on the field so why do we only practise the 10%. This is very true in most sports players especially the new, rising ones as I can recall myself going to the nets every day while I was going through a rough patch and then I realised that I have to clear my mind of any doubts before I can perform to the best of my standards. I still don't think I have done that but at least I don't underestimate the power within.

1 comment:

  1. Good one Rhythm, you need to elaborate more on your own experience, you can do better than this. Well done keep it going.

    ReplyDelete